Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Ignite Detroit 3 at MotorCity Casino Hotel
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 2:00 AM (EDT)
Ignite Detroit #3 will be held on April 25th at Sound Board inside the MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit.
You must be 21+ to attend.
Ignite Detroit is a night of presentations with a twist. Presenting on a subject of their choice, speakers have exactly five minutes to enlighten and inspire their community using twenty slides that auto advance every fifteen seconds. Ignite is quick, fun, and smart.
Ignite Detroit is made up of 15 speakers doing their 5 minute talk. The speakers are selected by the community and the event organizers. Speakers will be announced on Apr 16th.
Admission to Ignite Detroit is $5.00 (plus PayPal fees). The proceeds from all ticket sales will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities Detroit.
No refunds will be given for this event! Come on... it's for charity. :)
6:00 – Doors open (come down early, have a drink & mingle)
7:30 – Ignite talks begin (let the fun start!)
10:00 - Maybe a little after party, hmm?
Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since then 100s of 5 minute talks have been given across the world. There are thriving Ignite communities in Seattle, Portland, Paris, and NYC.
Speakers & Presentations -
1. Producer/FIGMENT Detroit (Danielle Kaltz)
2. Extra Pair of Underpants: Leadership Inside Out (Michelle Pallas)
3. Control Freaks Need Not Apply (Aaron Petras)
4. Death by Branding: How Genericide Killed Aspirin, Why Kleenex is Hanging On, and Why Google is Invincible (Karen Evans)
5. You Should Totally Make a Game (Bob Baffy)
6. Carfree Discounts – A Detroit Solution (Jon Koller)
7. Raising Girls Stinks (Nathan Hughes)
8. Growing beards and finding new faces. (Jeff Chelf)
9. The perils of imaginary lines (Charlie Wollborg)
10. How Excellence Killed Detroit (Brian Mulloy)
11. Everyone Should Write a Book (Andrew Heaton)
12. Bromance: Understanding male homosocial relationships in the 21st century (Norm Witte III)
13. Getting into Detroit (Lincoln Russell)
14. What Sherlock Holmes Taught Me About Social Media (Scott Monty)
15. Gurus are for people who drink wheatgrass or live in LA. (Jordan Miller)
Ignite Detroit #3 brought to you by MotorCity Casino Hotel